Light Coffee Cheesecake
This is a sumptuous, creamy cheesecake.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed low-fat graham wafers
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups low fat (1%) light cottage cheese
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup
low fat sour cream
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons granulated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine graham crumbs and sugar in a small bowl. Add egg white and mix well.
Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with non-stick
spray. Bake just until edges feel firm and dry, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Combine first amount of sugar, flour,
and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Process cottage cheese in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add
cream cheese, egg, and first amount egg whites (2 egg whites). Beat with an electric
mixer on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended. Add vanilla and beat
- Mix coffee granules with skim milk until dissolved. Add to cheese mixture along
with sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat second amount egg whites (3 egg whites) with a mixer
at high speed until soft peaks form. Add second amount sugar, 1 tablespoon at a
time, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white mixture into
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until almost
- Turn oven off. Leave cake in oven for 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate
for 8 hours or overnight. Run knife along edges of cake before removing sides of
Makes 12 servings.
Per serving 203 calories, 5.4 g fat
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/17/02 7:03:17 am.