Light Raspberry Cheesecake
This is a diet cheesecake but tastes like a rich and creamy one, with raspberries
throughout. It looks beautiful.
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fructose
or 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Puree cheese until smooth and thick add sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract
and lemon peel. Beat into it the flour and cornstarch. Put in a bowl.
- Fold carefully the raspberries to above or save for decoration on top after cake
has baked. Pour into pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted in middle comes out clean. Chill until cold and serve plain or with
pureed raspberry sauce.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick vegetable
- Raspberry Sauce: Puree, 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen) and strain through
a sieve to remove seeds. Add 1/2 ripe banana mashed and add fructose or sugar to
Fructose is a natural sweetener. It is derived from the natural sugars in fruit,
honey, and invert sugar and tends to be about one and a half times sweeter than
sugar. It is more expensive than sugar, but price equals out because less is used.
It can be found in supermarkets or health food shops.
91 Calories: 6 g Protein: 3 g Fat: 57 mg Cholesterol: 9 g Carbohydrates: 109
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/17/02 6:33:24 am.