Low Fat Apple Rum Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 8 ounces nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 large Macintosh apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
2 teaspoons rum extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted margarine. Press into the bottom of
a 9-inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cheesecake: In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sugar until well-blended.
Add the eggs and vanilla and pour over baked crust.
- Topping: Combine sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Spoon over
cream cheese. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove
- Combine apple jelly and rum extract in a 1-cup glass measure; microwave for 45
seconds to melt. Spoon over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate this dessert for at least 1 hour or until serving time.
Loosen cake from rim of pan and remove carefully.