Low Fat Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes
This recipe incorporates broccoli into a baked potato. Broccoli is an excellent
source of fiber and cancer-fighting antioxidants. Potatoes are a universally loved
vegetable loaded with vitamins C and B-6, potassium and fiber. And, best of all,
this recipe is low in fat. You can make the stuffed potatoes ahead and reheat them
when everyone is ready to eat.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 large stalks broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons low-fat milk, rice milk or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Scrub the potatoes and make shallow cuts around their middles to make it easier
to cut them in half after baking. Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees F until soft,
about 1 hour, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, cut the ends from the stalks of broccoli and peel some of the outer
skin off to make the stems more edible. Steam the broccoli until crunchy-tender
and bright green. Drain and chop fine.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the insides into a bowl. Add the salt, olive
oil and just enough rice or soy milk to allow you to mash the potatoes into a smooth
paste. Add the Parmesan cheese and the chopped broccoli and mix well.
- Pile the mixture back into the potato shells, arrange on a baking dish and heat
them to desired temperature.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Fat Recipes