Low Fat Chipotle Chicken Melt
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 4 (3 ounce) submarine or hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2 ounce) slices Havarti or Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- Remove 1 chile from can; reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
Remove and discard chile stem and seeds; finely chop chile. Combine chile, mayonnaise
and water in a small bowl. Spread about 1 tablespoon chile mixture evenly over top
half of rolls.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound
to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle each evenly with
salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes per side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; top
each with a slice of cheese. Arrange coleslaw mix over bottom half of rolls; top
with chicken and remaining half.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich)
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 26 Calories; 2g Fat (71.6% calories
from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch) ; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Fat Recipes