Low-Fat Dried Cherry Muffins
- 1 cup dried cherries, pitted
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine the cherries and buttermilk in a small bowl, and set aside to soak for
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 18 muffin cups with nonstick spray or line
them with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and
- In a measuring cup, combine the egg substitute, applesauce and almond extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and spoon the buttermilk and
cherries into it.
- Then add the egg-substitute mixture. Mix until thoroughly blended, but do not
- Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full with batter, and bake for 18 to
20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when touched lightly
with a fingertip.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Nutritional value per serving: 115 calories; trace of fat; trace of cholesterol;
156 milligrams sodium; 26 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 1 gram fiber
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 9/23/2001 12:28 pm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.