- 1/4 cup onion, chopped 50 ml
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced 5 ml
- 2 teaspoons
chili powder 10 ml
- 2 teaspoons cumin 10 ml
- 2 cups frozen peas 350 g
cup water 75 ml
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice 20 ml
- 1/4 cup avocado, chopped 50
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced 50 ml
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper 2 ml
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a nonstick pan over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add the peas and water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Puree in blender until smooth.
(A blender works better than a food processor for this recipe.)
- Let cool and add
- Serve as a side salad, with tortillas or with nacho chips.
Makes 5 (1/2 cup) servings.
Serving Information: Fat: 1 g; Calories: 88; Fiber: 3.2 g