Low Fat Lasagna
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 8 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (*any brand — don’t boil, will cook in oven)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil bottom of baking pan. Stir one cup of the chicken stock into the
spaghetti sauce and set aside.
- Whisk the egg. Stir in ricotta cheese and one cup
of the mozzarella. Add garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brown and drain the ground beef making sure to break it into very small pieces.
Season with salt and pepper. Cook the spinach until it is half done, approximately
two-thirds of the time indicated on the microwave directions.
- Sauté the onion in 1/2 cup chicken stock until it is translucent. Cook the mushrooms
in the remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock adding the soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer
until all liquid is absorbed.
- Mix together beef, spinach, onions and mushrooms.
- Build the lasagna starting with a layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan. *Add
one layer of the uncooked noodles followed by more sauce, 1/3 of the cheese mixture
and 1/3 of the spinach/beef mixture. Repeat two more times, finishing off with the
spinach mixture and the remaining sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until liquid around the edges has been absorbed.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake for 15 minutes more.
356 calories; 14 grams fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Fat Recipes