Low Fat Orange Puddin' Cake
- 1 (1-layer) box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 cups vanilla low-fat or light
ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, except use the egg whites
or whole egg and substitute 1/2 cup of the thawed concentrate for the water.
in raisins; set aside.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan combine remaining concentrate, the brown sugar,
margarine and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling
- Pour syrup into a 2-quart square baking
- Immediately drop cake batter by tablespoonsful onto the hot syrup.
- Bake for
20 to 25 minutes or until cake topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm cake with ice
cream or yogurt.
Makes 8 servings.
Calories 308; Fat 8 g; Carb 57 g; Sodium Fiber 0 g