- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 3/4 cups
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
and set aside.
- Mix together the butter and sugar, add the egg whites and beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the buttermilk and the dry mixture to the butter mixture, and stir to combine.
- Combine the cinnamon with the 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Taking a teaspoonful of dough at a time, roll the dough into a ball in your hands,
then roll it in the cinnamon-and-sugar mixture.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake in the preheated oven
for about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Nutritional values per cookie: 45 calories; 1 gram fat; 3 milligrams cholesterol;
46 milligrams sodium; 8 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; trace of fiber
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 9/23/2001 12:34 pm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.