Master Baking Mix (low Fat Bisquick Substitute)
Use in recipes calling for Bisquick- type baking mix.
- 2 cups enriched all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Mix dry ingredients in food processor using a metal blade, or with an electric
- Slowly pour in the oil as the machine is running. Scrape the sides of the
bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix thoroughly once again.
- Store in a covered container in the freezer.
Makes 5 cups of mix.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 434 Calories; 23g Fat (39.7% calories
from fat); 17g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 451mg
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat