Mexican Macaroni and Cheese
- 3 1/2 cups macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 slice bread, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, cheddar cheese, onion and parsley.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, milk, and mustard. Process
- Mix in salsa and fajita seasoning and pour over macaroni mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and place macaroni
mixture into dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese over casserole.
for 20 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Calories: 200 Total fat: 4g
Compare with regular macaroni and cheese, which is 900 calories and 23g of fat!