Nutty Brussels Sprouts (Low Fat with Exchanges)
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 8 toasted hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Wash Brussels sprouts and trim off bottoms of stems and loose leaves. Steam sprouts
over boiling water until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove sprouts to a serving bowl
and stir in olive oil, nuts and cardamom.
Makes: 4 servings
1/4 of recipe equals: Calories: 62, Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 22 mg, Protein: 3 g,
Carbohydrate: 9.1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Finding ways to eat for a healthier, happier life and to share those finds with
Posted by Filus at Recipe Goldmine 1:08:00pm 8/20/03.