Pan-Fried Turkey with Garlic and Thyme
- 750g (1 1/2 pounds) turkey breast fillets, halved
- 1 large (200g/6 1/2 ounce) brown onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup 60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) evaporated low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 330g spinach, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oiled large pan; cook turkey, in batches, until browned all over and tender.
- Add onion, garlic and juice; cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add milk, stock,
thyme, spinach and blended corn flour and water; cook, stirring, until sauce boils
and thickens slightly.
- Return turkey to pan with any juices; stir until hot.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, if desired.
Per serving: 4.75g fat, 2.3g fiber, 778kj (excluding serving suggestions)
From the kitchen of Martin James - Copenhagen, Denmark.