Pineapple-Orange Sunshine Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed
pineapple in juice
- To make the cake: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch cake
pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all the cake ingredients until moist. Beat by hand
for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center
comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting: In a large bowl, mix together all the frosting ingredients
until well blended.
- Spread over the cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
Per serving: 212 cal, 3.6 g fat, 2.3 g sat fat, 53 mg chol, 0.3 g fiber,
293 mg sodium
To make a four-layer cake, bake the batter in two 9-inch cake pans for
25 minutes, or until they test done. Split the cooled layers in half horizontally,
spread with the frosting and stack.