- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced or put through garlic press
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes with juice, or 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crumble and brown ground beef. Drain off all fat; wipe out frying pan. Turn beef
into colander, and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towel; return to pan.
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, mushrooms and cook over medium low heat, stirring as
necessary until veggies are soft.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add seasonings and simmer until hot throughout.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve over pasta
with low fat Parmesan sprinkled over if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Fat Recipes