Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup creamed low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry powdered milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, pureed
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Combine cottage cheese, flour, milk and spice. Add egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into cottage cheese
- Drop by spoonful onto a hot lightly greased nonstick skillet. Cook slowly
so pancakes can cook through. Turn once.
- Stack with sliced strawberries.
- Make strawberry sauce by combining pureed strawberries and yogurt.
- Serve immediately with sauce.