- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet; bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes
or until crisp. Set aside.
- Combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper in a large skillet
coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, stirring
to crumble meat.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, thyme and hot sauce; stir well. Simmer
for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread about 1/3 cups turkey and tomato sauce mixture over each reserved tortilla;
sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 8 inches from heat until cheese melts.
- Top each tostada with 1 tablespoon low-fat yogurt.
- Garnish with jalapeno pepper slices, if desired.
Yields 6 servings (200 calories per turkey tostada).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Fat Recipes