- 1 (1 1/2-pound) lean veal round, thinly sliced, trimmed of fat and cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon diet margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Dip the veal pieces in the bread crumbs until they are lightly coated. melt the
margarine in a large nonstick skillet. Add the coated veal and brown it slowly,
- Remove the veal from the skillet and arrange it in a single layer
in a shallow baking dish.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the veal.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
- Top the veal with the mozzarella slices.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes,
until the cheese is melted and bubbly.