Yellow Squash Casserole
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs, divided
- Combine yogurt, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, thyme and eggs in a bowl; set
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion; sauté until tender, drain and set aside.
- Place 1 cup squash in a 2-quart casserole
coated with spray.
- Top with 1/3 of onion and 1/3 yogurt mixture.
- Repeat procedure with remaining squash, onion and yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, cover
and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until top is browned.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.