Bacon Honey Bourbon Chicken Meatballs
These meatballs are so easy and bake to perfection, and then simmer in an
out-of-this-world honey bourbon barbecue sauce! Perfect as an appetizer or to
serve on sandwiches.
- 6 strips bacon
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, washed and dried
- 16 ounces ground chicken
- 1 hot Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Honey Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Meatballs: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum
and spray with non-stick cooking spray or grease a large skillet. Set aside.
- Pulse together the bacon and button mushrooms until blended.
- Place the mushroom and bacon mixture, ground chicken, and hot Italian
sausage, salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic, and breadcrumbs into a medium mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop the meat mixture using a medium cookie scoop and place onto the
baking sheet or in the skillet. Repeat until all of the meat has been used. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Honey Bourbon Barbecue Sauce: Whisk together the water, barbecue sauce,
bourbon, and honey in a large skillet. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, coat each meatball, and simmer
over low-to-medium heat for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Yield: 48 Meatballs | Prep time 10 min | Cook Time 35 min
Recipe courtesy of Gal on a Mission through The Mushroom Council. Used with permission.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.