- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl. Hand-knead mixture until
evenly mixed. Make 1-inch balls from mixture.
- Using a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Cook meatballs
until all sides are browned, about 8 or 9 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Add to your favorite spaghetti sauce and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 190 calories, 9 g total fat (2.5 g saturated
fat), 0 g carohydrates, 15 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber and 250 mg sodium
Makes 6 servings (4 meatballs per serving).