- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely crushed cracker crumbs
- 1 envelope regular onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and snipped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can cranberry sauce (whole or strained)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- Mix together ground beef, water, eggs, cracker crumbs and onion soup mix.
Shape into meatballs. Brown in a skillet.
- Mix sauerkraut, water, cranberry sauce, brown sugar and chili sauce together.
- Pour half of the sauce into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Arrange meatballs
on sauce. Pour remaining sauce over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 325 degrees F. Remove foil.
- Bake another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot over noodles or rice.
Source: 1994 Eagle River, Wisconsin Cranberry Festival Bake-off Winning Recipe
- Northern Wisconsin Tourism, Travel & Outdoors Web Site
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.