Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
This Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe is a great weeknight recipe...dinner is on the table
in 30 minutes! Cook the rice while the rest is cooking.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 30 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (about 15 ounces), or you can make your own
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, slivered
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to juice if
needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, vinegar,
soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add the pineapple, meatballs, bell pepper and onion.
- Simmer, uncovered, until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.