- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Seasoning salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup red vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy or stir-fry sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries with juice
- Cooked white rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Season the ground beef with seasoning salt and form into meatballs. Add
an egg to hold it together, if you like.
- Brown the meatballs in a hot skillet, being careful not to let them stick.
- Drain the pineapple, keeping the juice for the sauce. Add the pineapple
and carrots and simmer gently for a while.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan.
- Add the pineapple juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and ginger.
When it starts to simmer, stir in the cornstarch paste. Reduce heat, cover and
let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the maraschino cherries and juice, simmer for 5 more minutes, and serve
For party fare, spear with party picks and arrange on wooden platter, or keep
warm in a crock pot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatball Recipes