Hot Tamale Meat Balls
- 4 cups tomato juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cumin, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup tomato juice, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon
chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Add the cornmeal, beef and sausage; mix well. Shape into 1 1/4-inch meatballs.
- In a Dutch oven, combine remaining tomato juice, cumin, chili powder and
salt. Bring to a boil, add meatballs.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.