Italian Meatballs with Peppers
Chopped red and yellow bell peppers add color and texture to these savory meatballs
seasoned with Italian herb mix and enriched with mushrooms.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION®
- Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine turkey, onion, herb seasoning and salt in large bowl; form mixture
into 24 one-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning
occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until
- Remove meatballs from skillet; keep warm.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and bouillon to skillet; cook, stirring
occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and flour in small bowl; add to skillet.
- Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk; cook, stirring frequently,
for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add meatballs to skillet; stir to coat.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with parsley.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Yield: 6 servings
By: CARNATION MILKS
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.