Lion's Heads Meatballs in Spicy Coconut Sauce
Delicious! Lion's Heads Meatballs In Spicy Coconut Sauce has amazing Asian flavors
and is a fun dish to make. Serve hot over rice or noodles and garnish with chopped
basil and grated lemon peel.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI
Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground pork or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon
peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or Thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon
grated lemon peel
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Combine coconut milk, soy milk, 2 tablespoons seasoning sauce and sweet
chili sauce in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place pork, green onions, water chestnuts, cornstarch, sesame oil, ginger,
flour and remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce in large bowl. Knead by hand
until ingredients are thoroughly combined and mixture becomes sticky. Divide
mixture into 10 equal portions, about 1/4 cup each. Roll each portion into a
ball. Set balls on an oiled plate.
- Heat vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling
to coat sides. Add meatballs; pan-fry, turning occasionally, for about 8 to
10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain on paper towel.
- Boil coconut milk mixture in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs;
cover. Reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove meatballs. Increase heat to medium-high and boil for 1 minute or
until sauce is thickened. Pour over meatballs. Garnish with basil and lemon
- Serve hot over rice or noodles.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com. This exceptional recipe
is compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.