Lion's Heads Meatballs in Spicy Coconut Sauce
Delicious! Lion's Heads Meatballs In Spicy Coconut Sauce has amazing Asian flavors
and is a fun dish to make. Serve hot over rice or noodles and garnish with chopped
basil and grated lemon peel.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground pork or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or Thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Combine coconut milk, soy milk, 2 tablespoons seasoning sauce and sweet
chili sauce in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place pork, green onions, water chestnuts, cornstarch, sesame oil, ginger,
flour and remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce in large bowl. Knead by hand until ingredients are thoroughly
combined and mixture becomes sticky. Divide mixture into 10 equal portions, about 1/4 cup each. Roll each portion
into a ball. Set balls on an oiled plate.
- Heat vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling
to coat sides. Add meatballs; pan-fry, turning occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
Drain on paper towel.
- Boil coconut milk mixture in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs;
cover. Reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove meatballs. Increase heat to medium-high and boil for 1 minute or
until sauce is thickened. Pour over meatballs. Garnish with basil and lemon peel.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles.
Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 10
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com
This exceptional recipe is compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.