Meat Balls in Green Pepper Gravy
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 cups sliced green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups onion rings
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine ground meat and spices, and shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll in
the 3 tablespoons flour. Brown in shortening, adding it as needed.
- Stir in green peppers and onions and brown lightly.
- Add bouillon. Cover and cook slowly 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Mix remaining flour with water to a smooth paste. Add and cook until gravy
is medium thick.
- Serve hot with potatoes or rice.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.