Meatballs with Pineapple and Peppers
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine first 6 ingredients, and shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place skillet over medium-high
heat until hot. Add meatballs, and cook until brown; drain. Discard drippings.
- Return meatballs to skillet; add pineapple juice and green pepper. Bring
to a boil over medium heat; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients; add to skillet, and bring mixture
to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pineapple chunks; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve meatballs over rice.
Yield: 4 servings