Potato Chip Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed fine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine beef, soup mix, allspice, crushed potato chips, garlic, oregano
and 1/2 cup light cream; mix well and form into small meatballs.
- Add oil to skillet and brown meatballs on all sides. Remove from skillet
and set aside.
- Add butter to same skillet and add mushroom slices, sprinkle with salt and
sauté until soft and lightly browned.
- Stir cornstarch into beef broth and add to mushrooms; cook until mixture
- Return meatballs to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and heat through but do not boil.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or cooked rice.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.