- 1 pound ground beef (or mix with ground sausage)
- Bread crumbs, homemade is best but from a store is OK (sorry I don't measure but it's around a cup)
- 1 egg
- A splash or two of milk to just moisten
- Spices (basil and Italian seasoning, mostly, but feel free to add oregano or whatever you like)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Make meatballs by mixing beef, bread crumbs, egg, milk and spices. Roll
into balls to just fit the palm of your hand (guys a little smaller).
- Brown on all sides in olive oil, a clove or 2 of smashed garlic and chopped onion.
- After all are browned, remove meatballs to a platter.
- Make your favorite sauce in the same pot.
- Add meatballs. Cook for about 4 hours.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 10/22/2001 9:12 pm.