Shelly's Personal Favorite Meatballs (T&T)
I am, believe it or not, half Italian, and have taken many of my family recipes
and adjusted them over the years. Here is one that is tried and true.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (or fresh breadcrumbs with Italian spices added)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together well using your hands. Form
mixture into balls, 1 inch (or smaller or larger) in diameter (I use a mini cookie
scoop or melon baller to get a uniform size).
- Place balls on cookie sheets and roast in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until browned.
- Add to your favorite pasta sauce and allow them to simmer, or just eat them by
themselves or use in any recipe calling for meatballs.
Yield: Approximately 7 dozen (84) 1-inch meatballs - enough to use plus enough
If freezing for future use, allow to cool on pan and once pans are cool, place
in freezer for 1/2 hour. Remove from freezer and place meatballs into zip-type bags
for future use.
Posted by Shellbob at Recipe Goldmine 3:27:09pm 9/6/03.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.