- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in bread crumbs and salt.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place in pan, lightly sprayed with cooking spray, and bake at 350 degrees
F for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a heavy saucepan, sauté mushrooms and chopped onions
- Stir in 3 tablespoons flour and salt until blended.
- Gradually add beef broth. Cook and stir until smooth.
- Combine sour cream with remaining 1 tablespoon flour until smooth, then
stir into the mushroom mixture.
- Add meatballs; simmer until heated through.
- Serve over noodles.
Yield: 6 servings