- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated tangerine peel, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed tangerine juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Tangerine zest and segments, seeded, for garnish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Thoroughly combine beef, sausage, crumbs, egg, 1 teaspoon peel and nutmeg.
- Shape firmly into 24 small balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs well in oil.
- Remove them from skillet and pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- To make sauce, gradually blend tangerine and lemon juice into sugar and
- Add to pan drippings and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Add meatballs and cook, covered, 5 minutes over low heat.
- Uncover and add remaining teaspoon of peel. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with tangerine segments and tangerine zest.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatball Recipes