Turkey Blue Cheese Meatballs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey, extra lean
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum
foil and set aside.
- Pulse garlic cloves in a food processor until minced. Add onion and jalapeno,
and pulse until minced again.
- Scrape the onion mixture into a large bowl along with the turkey, blue cheese,
breadcrumbs, egg whites, and olive oil. Season with soy sauce, dried parsley,
Italian seasoning, pepper, and chili powder. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, and no longer pink in the center,
about 25 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Yield: 18 meatballs
Per meatball: 79.4 calories, 4.6 grams fat, 0.3 gram fiber, 6.5 grams protein,
3.1 grams carbohydrate, 145 milligrams sodium, 19 milligrams cholesterol
Values are approximate.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.