Turkey Blue Cheese Meatballs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey, extra lean
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum
foil and set aside.
- Pulse garlic cloves in a food processor until minced. Add onion and jalapeno,
and pulse until minced again.
- Scrape the onion mixture into a large bowl along with the turkey, blue cheese,
breadcrumbs, egg whites, and olive oil. Season with soy sauce, dried parsley,
Italian seasoning, pepper, and chili powder. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, and no longer pink in the center,
about 25 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Yield: 18 meatballs
Per meatball: 79.4 calories, 4.6 grams fat, 0.3 gram fiber, 6.5 grams protein,
3.1 grams carbohydrate, 145 milligrams sodium, 19 milligrams cholesterol
Values are approximate.