- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine ground beef, saltine cracker crumbs, onion, milk, egg, salt and
ginger in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape the ground beef mixture by rounded tablespoonsful into balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning
them frequently, until cooked through and browned.
- Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon to a paper towel covered platter
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup of juice.
- Combine reserved juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce in
a small bowl; mix well. Pour into skillet.
- Cook the juice mixture over medium heat, stirring continually, until thickened,
about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, pineapple tidbits and bell pepper and mix well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or buttered egg noodles.
Yield: 6 servings
Shared by hunnyandme with recipegoldmine.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatball Recipes