- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- Combine ground beef, saltine cracker crumbs, onion, milk, egg, salt and
ginger in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape the ground beef mixture by rounded tablespoonsful into balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning
them frequently, until cooked through and browned.
- Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon to a paper towel covered platter
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup of juice.
- Combine reserved juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce in
a small bowl; mix well. Pour into skillet.
- Cook the juice mixture over medium heat, stirring continually, until thickened,
about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, pineapple tidbits and bell pepper and mix well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or buttered egg noodles.
Yield: 6 servings
Shared by hunnyandme with recipegoldmine.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.