Baked Spicy Corned Beef
- 1 (4 pound) corned brisket of beef
- 1 tablespoon whole mixed pickling spice
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice or fruit juice
- Wash corned beef and put it in a large kettle. Cover with boiling water.
Add pickling spice, celery, onion and carrot. Cover, and simmer for 4 to 4 1/2
hours, or until tender.
- Cool beef in broth; then put into shallow roasting pan and score fat layer.
- Mix brown sugar and mustard; pat on beef.
- Pour pickle juice into pan.
- Bake in preheated slow oven (300 degrees F) for 1 hour, basting from time
to time with some of the drippings in pan.
- Slice, and serve hot or cold.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 12:07:19 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Corned Beef Recipes