Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted
Vegetables and Lemon-Mustard Sauce
Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetables
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds Corned
- Boneless with seasoning packet
- 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-1/2
x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, cut into 2-1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound
savoy cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons
finely chopped shallot
- 2/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Position oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place corned beef brisket in roasting pan; sprinkle garlic, contents of seasoning
packet and peppercorns around brisket. Add water; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Braise in upper third of 350 degrees F oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is
- Meanwhile, place carrots, parsnips and cabbage on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle
with oil and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and ground pepper. Cover with
aluminum foil. Roast in lower third of 350 degrees F oven with brisket 55 minutes.
Uncover; continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin
- Remove brisket from roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 of brisket (about
12 ounces), 3/4 cup each carrots and parsnips and 1/2 cup Lemon-Mustard Sauce for
Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing.
- Carve remaining brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with
remaining roasted vegetables and Lemon-Mustard Sauce.
- Lemon-Mustard Sauce: Heat olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot;
cook and stir about 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; cool 1 minute.
Stir in dairy sour cream, Dijon-style mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill and 1honey.
Season with salt and pepper. Cover; set aside.
Makes 4 servings
Total time 3 hours to 3 hours and 40 minutes
Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetables Nutrition information per serving: 431
calories; 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 13 g monounsaturated fat); 83 mg cholesterol;
1821 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 10.8 g fiber; 20 g protein; 4.9 mg niacin; 0.7
mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 31.0 mcg selenium; 4.8 mg zinc;
113.4 mg choline
Lemon-Mustard Sauce Nutrition information per serving (2 tablespoons per
serving): 56 calories; 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 10
mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium; 3 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 1 g protein; 0 mg niacin;
0 mg vitamin B6; 0 mcg vitamin B12; 0.1 mg iron; 0 mcg selenium; 0 mg zinc; 0.4
Recipe and photo credit: Texas Beef Council.