Corned Beef Hash
- 1 pound cooked Certified Angus Beef ® corned beef, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds
baby new red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat or butter
- 1 onion,
quartered and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (1/4 head)
- Freshly ground
black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh eggs
- 10-inch cast-iron skillet
- Dice potatoes to 1/2-inch. Add to salted water and bring to a boil. Turn
off heat, sit for 10 minutes, strain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add bacon fat to skillet over medium-high heat. Sear potatoes until golden,
about 5 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, thyme and oregano; sear until onions are transparent.
Stir in cabbage and corned beef. Season with pepper.
- Gently crack eggs on top of the hash and place skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on desired egg doneness.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 486 Fat: 18 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol:
280 mg Carbohydrate: 39 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Protein: 38 g Sodium: 974 mg Iron:
34% of Daily Value
Recipe used with permission from
the Certified Angus Beef® brand.