Luck of the Irish Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 (4 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® fresh corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 3 quarts water
- 2 onions, halved and stuck with 8 cloves each
- 6 carrots, peeled and halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 coriander seeds
- 12 peppercorns, crushed
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- Place corned beef and seasoning packet in large heavy pot; add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add onions and carrots. Bring back to a boil and skim off fat.
- Add cinnamon stick, bay leaves, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cabbage and parsley; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer approximately 4 hours until beef is tender. When brisket pierces easily, it is ready.
- Drain the water, place brisket on a platter and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve with cabbage, carrots and onion.
Nutritional information: Calories: 374 Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 103 mg Carbohydrate: 15 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Protein: 49 g Sodium: 1741 mg Iron: 39% of Daily Value
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Certified Angus Beef