Pepper-Apricot Glazed Corned Beef
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound) boneless Corned Beef Brisket
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a
simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until
- Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH for 2 to
3 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface
of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with glaze; broil for 2
to 3 minutes or until glazed.
- Carve diagonally across the grain.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/6 of recipe: 302 calories; 20 g fat
(7 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 104 mg cholesterol; 1206 mg
sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 0.0 g fiber; 19 g protein; 3.2 mg niacin; 0.3 mg
vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 34.9 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc;
73.7 mg choline
Reprinted with permission from
Texas Beef Council.