Ground Beef Recipes
Cabbage Roll Skillet
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid; coarsely chop tomatoes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat for 6 for 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into
- Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, seasonings, chopped tomatoes and reserved liquid.
- Add cabbage and pepper; cook, covered, for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes longer or until cabbage is tender.
- Serve over rice.