Coney Island Taters
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 extra large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large skillet, brown ground meat and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes
or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into 3/4-inch bits. Remove to bowl
lined with paper towel. Drain any drippings in skillet and wipe skillet with
- Return meat mixture to skillet and stir in barbeque sauce. Cover and simmer
over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pierce potatoes in several places with fork. Place on paper towel
in microwave oven. Microwave on high 10-to-11 minutes or until tender.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter crosswise in half.
Arrange four pieces of potato on each serving plate. Top with meat mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese. Top with green onions if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ground Beef Recipes