Ground Beef Recipes
Coney Island Taters
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 extra large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- In large skillet, brown ground meat and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into 3/4 inch bits. Remove to bowl lined with paper towel. Drain any drippings in skillet and wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Return meat mixture to skillet and stir in barbeque sauce. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pierce potatoes in several places with fork. Place on paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave on high 10 to 11 minutes or until tender.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter crosswise in half. Arrange four pieces of potato on each serving plate. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with green onions if desired.