Greek Style Skillet Supper
For a taste of Greece, this one-dish complete meal is sure to be a hit. Feta
cheese accents the authentic flavor.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces)
diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne
- 1 1/2 cups frozen leaf spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup crumbled
feta cheese, divided
- Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef
is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain fat. Add oregano, cinnamon and
garlic powder; mix well.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta.
Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 10 minutes or until pasta is nearly tender.
- Stir in spinach and 1/2 cup of the feta cheese. Cover. Cook 5 minutes longer
or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup feta cheese. Cover. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5 mins Prep time
25 mins Cook time
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 333 Cholesterol: 61mg
Sodium: 625mg Protein: 23g Total Fat: 13g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate: 31g
Recipe and photo credit: