Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy
- 1 1/3 pounds ground chuck
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine first 4 ingredients with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1/2 teaspoon
pepper and garlic powder, mixing well; shape into 4- to 4 1/2-inch patties.
Dredge well in 1/3 cup of the flour.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add patties, and
cook until well browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add sliced onion to skillet; reduce heat to medium, and sauté until onion
- Combine water, 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, salt and 1/4 teaspoon
pepper; stir until smooth. Stir into skillet and cook, stirring constantly,
until thickened. Return steaks to skillet.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ground Beef Recipes