Salisbury Steak with Mushroom-Onion Gravy
This is a great recipe. Everyone I have given it to just loves it.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, from a 2-ounce box of 2
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef*
- 1/4 cup lightly packed parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 beef bouillon cube **
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix 2 tablespoons soup mix and 1/4 cup water in large bowl. Add beef and
parsley and mix until blended. Shape into 4 oval patties, about 5 inches long
and 2/3 inch thick.
- Coat patties with 1 1/2 tablespoons flour.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med. heat. Add patties and cook about
10 minutes, turning once, until crusty and no longer pink in the middle. Remove
to a plate and keep warm.
- Add onion, mushrooms and 1/4 cup water to the drippings in skillet. Deglaze
pan with wooden spoon. Turn heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally
until onion and mushrooms are soft.
- Mix remaining soup mix, 1 1/2 cups water and 2 1/2 tablespoons flour in
a small bowl. Stir into mushroom mixture, add bouillon cube and bring to a boil.
Cook, stirring often, until thickened. Return patties to skillet and turn to
coat with gravy.
- Remove to plates and serve with remaining gravy.
Yield: 4 servings
*use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef
** use chicken bouillon cube
I have used some dried parsley instead of fresh and it has turned out fine. I
don't like mushrooms so I omit them. I also add a little more water and make
more gravy and serve with mashed potatoes, placing gravy over the steaks and mashed
potatoes. My girlfriend serves hers with rice instead of potatoes. Add a salad and
green beans and you have a well rounded meal!
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ground Beef Recipes