Fried Liver and Onions
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 pound onions, sliced
- 1 pound baby beef liver
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Fry bacon and drain, reserving bacon grease. Keep bacon warm in
- Return 2 tablespoons bacon grease to same skillet, and over
medium-high heat, saute onions until translucent; add more bacon grease
1 tablespoon at a time, if needed. Remove onions to oven to keep warm.
- Return remaining bacon grease to skillet. Coat liver in flour, and
sear in skillet over medium-high heat, watching carefully. As soon as
liquid seeps to top of meat, turn and cook 2 minutes on other side.
Remove meat to oven to keep warm.
- Sprinkle remaining flour into hot skillet, and stir constantly until
flour begins to brown, then add broth. Boil for 1 minute, then reduce
heat and simmer 1 minute longer.
- Pour gravy over liver and onions, and sprinkle crumbled bacon on top
or lay strips of bacon on top.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Liver Recipes