- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound beef liver
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 slices bacon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 small white onions, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cup cooked egg noodles
- Pour boiling water over liver in a dish; let stand 5 minutes. Drain liver, reserving water. Pat liver dry with paper towels. Cut liver into 12 to 16 pieces. Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge liver in flour mixture.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet. Remove cooked bacon from skillet, leaving fat in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels. When bacon is cool, crumble and set aside.
- Quickly brown dredged liver in hot bacon fat in skillet. Add tomatoes, green peppers, onions, reserved crumbled bacon and reserved water from liver. Add celery salt and poultry seasoning. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve liver and vegetables over cooked noodles.