- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound beef liver
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 slices bacon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 small white onions, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cup cooked egg noodles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pour boiling water over liver in a dish; let stand 5 minutes. Drain liver,
reserving water. Pat liver dry with paper towels. Cut liver into 12 to 16 pieces.
Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge liver in flour mixture.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet. Remove cooked bacon from skillet, leaving
fat in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels. When bacon is cool, crumble and
- Quickly brown dredged liver in hot bacon fat in skillet. Add tomatoes, green
peppers, onions, reserved crumbled bacon and reserved water from liver. Add
celery salt and poultry seasoning. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve liver and vegetables over cooked noodles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Liver Recipes