Mexicali Liver and Onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds beef liver, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 to 3 cups water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a plastic bag; add liver and
shake until well coated with flour; set aside.
- Sauté garlic and jalapeno pepper in oil until tender. Add liver, and brown
slowly on both sides. Place onion slices on top of liver. Add water; cover and
simmer over low heat 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Liver Recipes